>>> On 9/7/2017 at 09:08 AM, Greg Preddy <gpre...@cox.net> wrote:
> All,
>
> We're doing SLES 12 on 100% LUN, with gold copy on a single 60GB LUN.
> This is a new cloning approach for us so we're not sure how to make this
> work.  Our Linux SA got the storage admin to replicate the LUN, but when
> we change the server to boot the copy, it still mounts the gold LUN.
> 99% sure we got the LOADDEV parms right.  Does anyone have steps to
> clone a LUN-only SLES 12 system?

Others have given some good advice, some of which I'll add to in another email.
 For now, I would suggest downloading SLES12 SP3 and extracting the
clone-master-clean-up RPM from the /suse/noarch directory.  It's intended to do
just what the name says.  Finding and eradicating all instance-specific "stuff"
that gets created on a system after the first boot is somewhat difficult, so it
might not clean up everything that is needed.  If that happens and you have a
support contract, open up a service request to let us know what needs to be
added to it.