  Re: Feminism ==> subjugation of males ("Edward Rosten")

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Subject: Re: Blame it all on Microsoft
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:10:18 -0400

Jan Vorbrueggen wrote:

> > > DARPA itself mostly provided funding.  The people they funded are the
> > > ones to blame for this particular mess.
> > BLAME?
>
> Yes, that's very much the oeprative word here. There were other network
> architecture developed contemporaneously which were much better defined,
> have much better scaling characterisitics and security, to name a few
> issues.

Can they robuset enough to continue operating during a nuclear war, like TCP/IP?

>          But they were and are - at least two of them still exist today,
> are supported and in fairly wide-spread use - "proprietary" (although
> the specs in these two cases at least were and are published) and not
> supported by public money for playing with CS/EE (under)graduates. That's
> a competetive disadvantage that cannot be compensated by any technical merit.
>
>         Jan

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:10:42 -0400

Jeffrey Boulier wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Jan Vorbrueggen  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >- at least two of them still exist today,
>
> Which two? I'm guessing that SNA is one, but what would be the other
> popular proprietary network protocol?

SNA is a pile of shit.

I speak from experience.

>                         Yours Truly,
>                         Jeffrey Boulier
> --
> Community Source & Support
> ------=>Prometheus<=------

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: bank switches from using NT 4
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:11:41 +0100

> They should have inspected some open-source software for ideas, like
> Fvwm95.

Fvwm95 is not software, it's a theme for FVWM2.

-pEDant

--
You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.

u 9 8 e j r (at) e c s . o x . a c . u k

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.society.liberalism,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Communism
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:13:25 -0400

theRadical wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:48:20 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >theRadical wrote:

>using
>deception
>enslavement.

>his own life.

>such as

> >> i NEVER have advocated confiscation of weapons dick head.
> >
> >..but that's what you dream about every night, isn't it, fascist prick.
>
> not at all asshole.  however, thanks for admitting that you lied about
> me wanting to "steal everybody's self-defense tools."  you make it
> very easy to prove you are nothing but a lying sack of shit.

You claimed that anyone who can't "prove" to your satisfaction that they
need a weapon should have it confiscated.

> >> what government?  i am waiting for you to show up and try to take my
> >> car you lying piece of shit.
> >>
> >> talk about strawman.........

> >> yeah, right.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett)
Crossposted-To:
soc.men,alt.current-events.clinton.whitewater,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism
Subject: Re: Feminism ==> subjugation of males
Date: 25 Apr 2001 10:49:03 -0500

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:22:58 -0400, Scott D. Erb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Lynette Warren wrote:
>
>>what a scam American feminism truly is
>
>How do you define feminism?  In feminist theory they are many kinds.  A
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What the heck is "feminist theory"?

------------------------------

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why do Win advocates suck?  Part 1
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:14:56 +0100

> You know, the two Linux distro's I've been using (Mandrake and SuSE)
> both install a file indexer which runs after booting. Unfortunately, you
>  can notice the effect of it running - the whole system feels sluggish.
> And that's a simple file indexer.

I find the system slightly sluggish if the indexer is running only if I
try so do something requiring fast disk access. It's far more useable
than when findfast is running under windows.

-Ed

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Larry Kilgallen)
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Date: 25 Apr 2001 12:14:15 -0500

Vorbrueggen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Roy Omond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> Not sure about SNA, but DECnet certainly was one (and it was not
>> "proprietary" for any reasonable meaning of that word).
>
> I was thinking of DECnet, yes, and it certainly was _perceived_ as
> proprietary. For instance, there was no publicly available reference
> implementation to play with.

But there was a specification available.

How many other non-DEC computers could have used a reference
implementation in Macro-11 ?

The business of "reference implementations" is rather recent,
compared to the 1970s introduction of DECnet.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.society.liberalism,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:14:37 -0400

chrisv wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >chrisv wrote:
> >>
> >> LOL!  Maybe right after you "prove" to everyone that you're not
> >> actually using Windows 98, right?
> >
> >The only way to prove it would be to reveal what platform I'm
> >actually running.
>
> Yes, I realize that you have an excuse.  You always have SOME excuse
> for just NOT "answering the damn question" when you bluff has been
> called.

I've said FROM THE BEGINNING that the purpose is to keep people
from knowing exactly what platform I'm posting from.

So, OF COURSE I'm not gonna answer the damn question, you fucking IDIOT!

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:16:34 +0100

>> > homosexuality is not genetic, it is a choice.
>>
>> Doesn't seem like Aaron has much choice in the matter. He's hetrosexual
>> and there's bugger all he can do about it. I am exactly the same. I
>> have no choice in the matter.
>
> Genetic defect.

Er...?

-Ed

From: Karel Jansens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: MIcrosoft: Words, denial and WTF!
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:45:54 +0000

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
> >

> > What's a chandler?
>
> It is a fancy light fitting.

I figured it for a "Friends" character nailed to the ceiling.

--
Regards,

Karel Jansens
"You're the weakest link. Goodb-No, wait! Stop! Noaaarrghh!!!"

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:16:18 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >>
>    >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >>
>    Aaron> Brent R wrote:
>    >>
>    >> >> > Modern feminism decries "the patriarchy", and then whines for
>    >> >> > it to come back and clean up her diapers, because she still hasn't
>    >> >> > learned to shit in the toilet.
>    >>
>    >> >> Jesus man, do you really have to be that crude?
>    >>
>    >> >> Be careful Aaron, not all women are like that, I wouldn't even say the
>    >>
>    Aaron> I wasn't referring to "all women" is was referring to that body
>    Aaron> known as "feminism"
>    >>
>    >> No, you are talking about a tiny minority of those women who
>    >> self-identify as feminist.  For most women that means that women
>    >> have equal rights as men.  Not the lunatic fringe that declare
>    >> all heterosexual sex is rape.
>
>    Aaron> Thank you for agreeing with me.
>
> So you think most women that call themselves feminists
> are not really feminists?

Most American women who don't even call themselves feminists have a SEVERE
"women should be able to take anything a man has, and give nothing
in return" attitude.

Those who do call themselves feminist advocate the use of kangaroo
courts to accomplish it.

> Or do you just have a reading comprehension problem (along
> with your poor logic and scientific "thinking").
>
> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:18:16 -0400

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 02:21:27 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
> > Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> >> Your version of "feminism" is a straw-women.
> >
> > No...my version of feminism is women who seek an unfair advantage over men.
>
> Again, you're uising a contrived and incorrect definition. It's sort of like
> the definition of a "capitalist" in Orwell's 1984.
>
> Your version is not a correct usage of the term. (See below.
> I hadn't seen (2) before!) Note the word "equality". I'd say
> that under this definition, most women would be feminists, even
> though they would not agree with absurdities (sucjh as "all sex is rape")
>
> how can I help you? >dict feminism
> Concise Oxford Dictionary, 8th Ed., Copyright 1991 Oxford Univ. Press
> se>
>
>  /feminism/ <<"femI%nIz(@)m>> n.
> 1. the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the
>    sexes.

I don't give a fuck what they ***SAY*** they're about...I watch what they  ***DO***

And what feminists ***DO*** is seek unfair advantage over men.

If you can't see that, then you are your own worst enemy.

> 2. [Med.] the development of female characteristics in a male person.
>
> /feminist/ n. (in sense 1).
>
> L femina woman (in sense 1 after F f&eacu.minisme)

> >> What a load of cr*p. How many people "openly oppose" the KKK ?
> >
> > MILLIONS.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
>
> Here's another question -- what sorts of rights do these anti-feminist women in
> anti-feminist countries enjoy ? You yourself said that Russian women like
> American men, because Russian men mistreat them (they're supposed to be abusive
> alcholics, remember?)
>
> We've already established that women in Saudi-Arabia don't have rights.
>
> >> The vast majority of women disagree with the "Dworkinites".  For
> >> example, what percentage of American women believe that "all sex is
> >> rape" ???
> >
> > "date rape" laws are founded on the same idiotic premise
> >
> > hope that helps.
>
> No, it doesn't "help". Date rape laws don't require the assumption that
> "all sex is rape".
>

> >> (How many whites "refused the gains of slavery" before it was abolished?
> >> Hint: none. All of them benefited directly or otherwise)
> >
> > Oh really.  As I recall, over 350,000 whites DIED in a civil war in which
> > slavery was one of the primary causes.
>
> Yes, but before that war, all of them benefited directly or otherwise.
>
> --
> Donovan Rebbechi * http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/ *
> elflord at panix dot com

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:21:43 +0100

I said:

>> What has that got to do with the south western suburbs of London (ie
>> where I live for half the year)? I don't follow your point very well.

Note this is in relation to the two paragraphs above.

> don't know. You tell us.

You're the one who said it. I have no idea what you mean. I was wondering
if you could explain.

-Ed