Just FYI:

On Mon, 2015-12-14 at 15:27 -0500, Austin S. Hemmelgarn wrote:
> > My idea would be basically, that having a noatime btrfs-property,
> > which
> > is perhaps even set automatically, would be an elegant way of doing
> > that.
> > I just haven't had time to properly write that up and add is as a
> > "feature request" to the projects idea wiki page.
> I like this idea.

I've just compiled some thoughts and ideas into:
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Project_ideas#Per-object_default_mount-options_.2F_btrfs-properties_.2F_chattr.281.29_attributes_and_reasonable_userland_defaults

As usual, this is mostly from my admin/end-user side, i.e. what I could
imagine would ease in the maintenance of large/complex (in terms of
subvols, nesting, snapshots) btrfs filesystems...

And of course, any developer or more expert user than me is happily
invited to comment/remove any (possibly stupid) ideas of mine therein,
or summon the inquisition for my heresy ;)

Cheers,
Chris.