> What makes you think the use of an soft ci ist illegal when you have an
> apropriate subscription? Only because the all-mighty media industry
> tells you so and perhaps has led the lawmakers of some "free" countries
> (like usa) to obey their wishes?
>
> I really don't think thats true.

Just have a look at e.g. http://www.irdeto-access.com
This is the company developing and licensing the irdeto conditional-access
method. there are several others like them.
If your television-provider decides to encrypt its program with irdeto, they
have to pay them license-fees and if a set-top-box-manufacturer or
CAM-manufacturer wants to build CAM's that are able to decrypt IRDETO they
need to pay them a license fee.

If you now use a Soft-CAM, nobody pays them a license fee and you are
betraying them of their work.

And don't tell me, you will all not just only use the keys from your
smartcard, but are also willing to pay license fees to all the betrayed
conditional-access-companies...

That is the reason, why it is so expensive to own CAMS for IRDETO, SECA,
VIACCESS etc.pp.

And then you payed probably more than 600-800 Euros and still not have only
one subscription from any of the television providers.

If you can't understand that it is illegal or why it is illegal, please
believe that it is and stop argueing on this list.

Thank you,

    Achim

--
Info: