On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Honza - CZ4WAY wrote:

> > You could make a one floppy linux system for a digipeater or APRS repeater
> > probably. I suspect it could be done.
>
> Well it could be done but IMHO it is not worth the effort. DOS-based nodes are
> much better for this in almost every aspect - from hardware requirements to
> repeating/routing stuff itself. For example we run FlexNet node on 286/12MHz/
> 1MB RAM booting from a 360kB floppy with no HDD .. Linux can't beat this.
> No need to mention much better FlexNets AX25 implementation.

The Linux Router Project (LRP) is a single floppy linux based router. All
you need is a floppy, ram and a interface card of your choice. I have
configured same with ax25 support and it works great. I also have one
serving a wireless SS network for the navy. Reliable! If you cannot get
ax25 to work on a standard dist don't try this at home. What can you put
on a floppy? Actually quite a few utils.

Bob - wd6dod