On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 10:03:10AM -0400, Timothy Gray wrote:
> >You could make a one floppy linux system for a digipeater or APRS repeater
> >probably. I suspect it could be done. I have a fairly comprehensive
> >bootdisk running libc5 tools with lots of TCP/IP (for ethernet) stuff,
> >which could probably be modified with all the ax25 utils put on.
>

> Hold it hold it.....
>
> I have 5 digipeters in town that consist of a TNC, and a radio... no
> computer.
> Why exactly would you need to have a PC digi aprs or any other traffic?
> and there are easily hacked rom's to digi TNOS stuff..  no adding a computer
> just to digi is insane.

I was under the impression that you needed a bit more intelligence to
digipeat APRS than just a TNC. The manual pages for aprsdigi suggest
a reasonably complex algorithm for repeating.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt       Mobile: +61 412 011 176       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Rising Software Australia Pty. Ltd.
Developers of music education software including Auralia & Musition.
31 Elmhurst Road, Blackburn, Victoria Australia, 3130
Phone: +61 3 9894 4788  Fax: +61 3 9894 3362  USA Toll Free: 1-888-667-7839
Internet: http://www.rising.com.au/