Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> [Linux-For-Newbies]
> > This is a difficult issue. in one hand setting newbie's list, is a good idea.
> > the reasons are clear. On the other hand since much of the traffic
> > in this list is from and for newbies, what will be left ? maybe just the
> > intersting parts ;-).
>
> You're right.  Well, anyway, Linux-For-Newbies won't be set up
> now, but if need arises, I can do it.
>
> Vadik.
>
> --
> It was state of the art, he said.
> The art in this case was probably pottery.
>         -- Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, "Good Omens"

I think such a list/newsgroup is appropriate. I personally still
learning from those resources and would like to have such a local one.
Also, I guess that the Israeli Linux community is getting bigger and
bigger (probably like most Linux communities) and there might be enough
traffic for such a list right now. I dont think that muchof the traffic
here is from newbies: How many times have you seen lately - "HELP! my X
is stuck in 8bpp!!!!!!! " ... . This is the basic newbie stuff. These
are quite rare here. (Also, IMHO, These are better handled with a
newsgroups interface, especially when traffic is high).
But leave all the intelligent arguments aside. Everyone of us has it's
own REALLY important view.

The question is :
Are the subscribers here interested?

If so - speak up.