On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Matan Ziv-Av wrote:

> Ira wrote:
>
> > > QT is NOT free software, and as such it does not settle with GPL of KDE
> > > as it is distributed today.
>
> According to RMS it is free (check www.gnu.org). The requirements are
> that users are allowed to distribute the code, modify the code, and
> distribute their modifications. All those are allowed by qpl.

http://www.trolltech.com/products/download/freelicense/license.html

I haven't dug into it, but there was something about the passng of
copyright on patches to the trolls. other than that it seems to be GPL
compatable. but IANAL. certainly more free than pine or Zope for that
matter :-)

--
Ira Abramov   (@-  Gnu/Linux, Free Speech, RFC 1855
whois: IA58   //\  Peace,  Love,  Music,  Slow Food