On Wed, May 09, 2001, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote about "Re: Bidi support for Linux":
> "Nadav Har'El" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Some time ago I was also using the Caps-Lock (which I find a totally useless
> > key ever since I stopped programming in Fortran ;),

[this is really off-topic, but...]

Fortran is case-insensitive, but its users aren't - many of them are used to
seeing all code in uppercase, and consider lowercase an abomination. I've
seen several Fortran programmers use the Caps-Lock key to type whole sections
of code in uppercase. I usually rebelled and entered stuff in lower-case - it
was also an interesting way to see which part of the code I wrote, and which
part was written by other people :)

Anyway, my point is that I don't know *anybody*, except Fortran programmers,
who ever use the Caps-Lock key. What good is it? FOR SHOUTING IN EMAILS?
It only gets in the way of my left pinkie, once in a while a while causing
me to think I'm insane and don't remember my password. I vote for the
abolition of the Caps-Lock key. All in favor, type

        xmodmap -e 'clear lock'

--
Nadav Har'El                        |    Wednesday, May  9 2001, 16 Iyyar 5761
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Bureaucracy, n: A method for