<rant>
Year: 2005
Desktop: KDE 3.3.1
OS: Mepis Linux
Ability to change color depth: nil. nada. ziltch. Unless I want to
edit some obscure text file and restart X (which means logging out,
which means all of my open applications get closed down).

I mean, come *on* people! What are we, in the dark ages?!
I just spent the better part of 30 minutes trying to find a way to do
something that on Windows I can do with a right-click->select
tab->select number from drop down list! This isn't rocket science, is
it?! *This* is how Linux is supopsed to work as a desktop friendly
OS?! Give me a break!

Please tell me I'm wrong and there is a simply, user friendly way to
do this... Please tell me Google search has let me down this once...
</rant>

Can't some developer save this frustrated user? :-)

--
Offer Kaye