On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 03:42:48PM -0500, Offer Kaye wrote:
> <rant>
> Year: 2005
> Desktop: KDE 3.3.1
> OS: Mepis Linux
> Ability to change color depth: nil. nada. ziltch. Unless I want to
> edit some obscure text file and restart X (which means logging out,
> which means all of my open applications get closed down).

You always have a simpler workaround, you know: start a second X server
with different settings.

Now, what parameter do I need to pass to X to get a different color
depth? xserver(1x) does not mention any.

If you need a lower color depth you can try it in a nested server
(Xnest). You can also try Xvnc.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | New signature for new address and  |  VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | new homepage                       | a Mutt's