On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:36:43AM +0200, Peter wrote:

> There is ALWAYS a way to free the serial port when you use a PCI modem.
> Usually using setserial and/or some proprietary setup program from the
> manufacturer.

No, you have it backwards. The serial port is fine, there was only
one on the computer and the UPS's monitoring cable went into it.

Given a choice between being able to monitor the UPS, or use the modem,
I chose the UPS, because I don't use the modem very often.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel [EMAIL PROTECTED]  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838