On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 12:34:12PM +0200, Tzahi Fadida wrote:
> You are probably right, thing is, most don't know what FOSS is about so it is
> less of a problem :).

If I were a headhunter marketing your resume, I would restructure it to
show that you were a database wizzard and push it to companies that
need databases and online information systems.

I expect that most of them would want to do it in Access with SQL Server
as a backend, and IIS as the web server, but as they say in "America",
their money is just as green as anyone else.

You might be able to move them to something better such as Postgress
and OpenSolaris or a high quality Linux distro with Apache, but they
will need to hit the scalability limits of IIS, etc first.

I can't give you any more details because I don't have them, but there
is an organization doing a massive scanning and web site of old Jewish
texts that is desperately in need of manual systems and database analyst.

The problem with them is last I heard they were hung up on the concept
that creating a website was hard work, and that scanning and filing
the images was simple. By now they may have learned the folly of their
ways.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel [EMAIL PROTECTED]  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838