On Thursday August 9 2007, Ira Abramov wrote:
> Quoting Boaz Rymland, from the post of Thu, 09 Aug:
> > Hi Ira,
> >
> > I bumped into the same question some time ago - sending to iglu.org.il
> > silently failed.
> >
> > Here's why:
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il/msg48796.html
>
> unclear why this influences the spam filtering but still there's a
> question - why is it that sending to the old addresses no bouncing with
> an explanation message?

I'll make it as short as possible: if iglu.org.il accepts and forwards all
incoming mail to a certain alias to to [EMAIL PROTECTED], which considers
iglu.org.il a somewhat trusted host, that effectively turns iglu.org.il to
almost an open relay, while simultaneously reducing the effectiveness of spam
filtering at huji and putting an additional load on the servers and
moderators, due to the fact they have to accept the email initially and then
filter it, rather than graylisting/checking against BLs and rejecting before
starting the delivery. At this stage, I trust you to drive your own
conclusions. We carefully thought this over during a number of evenings and I
made a list of pros and cons of the existing situation. It wasn't a
one-minute decision. In fact, the way it was implemented shows exactly how
disorganized the system was. I think I made myself clear enough.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Michael Vasiliev

The following statement is not true.  The previous statement is true.