On Saturday August 11 2007, Ira Abramov wrote:
> Quoting Linux-IL Moderator, from the post of Fri, 10 Aug:
> > > unclear why this influences the spam filtering but still there's a
> > > question - why is it that sending to the old addresses no bouncing with
> > > an explanation message?
> >
> > I'll make it as short as possible: if iglu.org.il accepts and forwards
> > all incoming mail to a certain alias to to [EMAIL PROTECTED], which
> > considers iglu.org.il a somewhat trusted host, that effectively turns
> > iglu.org.il to
>
> well DUH of course it circumvents RBL tests for HUJI but
>
> a. it would make a lot of sense installing RBL checks on iglu as well.
Only at first glance. That would require moderators to watch two separate
queues, and make tracing the particular eaten message impossible.

> b. it still won't explain why sending to the old iglu.org.il address
> just eats up the message wi‏hout sending a bounce that the address
> either does not exist or that it has moved to huji.
>
> I'm not blaiming you for the latter, this is of course directed to
> whoever is in charge of the iglu machine.
whois iglu.org.il gives, err.... ;))

--
Sincerely Yours,
Michael Vasiliev

Hardware met Software on the road to Changtse.  Software said: "You are
the Yin and I am the Yang.  If we travel together we will become famous
and earn vast sums of money."  And so the pair set forth together,
thinking to conquer the world.

Presently, they met Firmware, who was dressed in tattered rags, and
hobbled along propped on a thorny stick.  Firmware said to them: "The
Tao lies beyond Yin and Yang.  It is silent and still as a pool of
water. It does not seek fame, therefore nobody knows its presence.  It
does not seeks fortune, for it is complete within itself.  It exists
beyond space and time."

Software and Hardware, ashamed, returned to their homes.
                        -- Tao of Programmming