On Wednesday 08 October 2008, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> Do remember that unlike PPTP/L2TP, as far as my firewall is concerned
> (which connects directly over Ethernet to the HOT modem), I'm using
> normal IP-over-Ethernet to connect to the Internet (with somewhat lower
> MTU).

Since in my case (still using ADSL), my router is also ADSL capable and has a
built-in firewall (I think most routers do), all the machines on my network
connect to ethernet ports on the router - no single computer is actually
connected directly to the Internet.

My assumption is that I could still use the same router after moving to HOT. I
would just have to unplug the ADSL line and plug the HOT modem into one of
the ethernet ports on the router. Am I correct?

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net