On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 00:18 +0200, Erez D wrote:
> hi
>

> i'm looking for a command line util which lets me change x-focus.
> i am running two apps with no window manager, and i want to be able to
> switch focus between the two by command line
>

> any idea ?

OK, I'll bite even though I know of no such utility.
I assume that you are using X-Window server, but without any window
manager.
1. Find or develop an utility for simulating mouse events and delivering
them to X-Window.  Then use mouse events to change focus.
2. Find or write a very simple window manager, which knows to switch
focus by commands via a FIFO, to which your command line utility writes.
3. Is it possible to write a simple application which calls XSendEvent()
with suitable events?

--
"Kosher" Cellphones (cellphones with blocked SMS, video and Internet)
are menace to the deaf.  They must be outlawed!

I may be affiliated in any way.