Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 12:18:24AM +0200, Erez D wrote:
hi

i'm looking for a command line util which lets me change x-focus.
i am running two apps with *no window manager*, and i want to be able to
switch focus between the two by command line

aptitude install xdotool

http://www.semicomplete.com/blog/projects/xdotool/

http://www.semicomplete.com/blog/projects/xdotool/#id2255989

It uses the XTEST extension. I figure that there are other similar tools.

XTEST simulates keyboard/mouse input. The fault with this logic is that, with no window manager, THERE IS NOT KEYBOARD OR MOUSE INPUT THAT WILL TRIGGER A FOCUS CHANGE. There is nothing to simulate.

Shachar