On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 08:27 +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Erez D wrote:
> > hi
> >

> > i'm looking for a command line util which lets me change x-focus.
> > i am running two apps with no window manager, and i want to be able to
> > switch focus between the two by command line
> >

> > any idea ?
> >

> > thanks,
> > erez.
> >
> I quickly wrote something.
>
> http://www.lingnu.com/files/xfocus-0.01.tar.gz
>
> Let me know if this works for you.

At impulse, I downloaded and compiled it.  The 'Usage:' path works for
me.

>From usability point of view, the documentation (and maybe the
application itself) is missing a way to find out what window handles are
there now.  Remember - do not ask the window manager for this
information!

How about having xfocus display a list of the handles of all open
windows (along with some identifying information such as window title or
controlling process ID - for the user to match up with more information
using ps's output) when provided with no window handle argument?

When done, xfocus will be cool little application!

--- Omer

--
You haven't made an impact on the world before you caused a Debian
release to be named after Snufkin.

I may be affiliated in any way.