Hi!
I had a situation a few months ago somewhat like this, but perhaps worse.
I did no only get segfaults but the whole system crashed repeatedly. I
also have a 133 pentium (actually 75 but speeded up). Extended my 16M ram
with 2x32 to get a total of 80M. It seems to work fine first but very soon
I got segfaults and repeated system crashes. For example if I tar-ed a
file everything would stop with screenfuls of hex digits. Did not know at
all what was wrong until I boserved that the extended 32M where shown
during memory check at startup but where not shown in the informatino
screen that comes after that, (the screen that tells what ports are used
and processor etc.). Ther I had still only 16M. So, the memory was not
properly installed. I loaded defaults in bios setup and that made the
correct 80M memory to be shown both during memory check and in the
information screen.

Best,

_/_/ Greger Haga, [EMAIL PROTECTED] _/_/