        [Luijpen, Alexander van]  Win 95 uses VFAT with long filesnames also
on floppy. However, IIRC, by default /etc/fstab tells /dev/fd0 to be type
DOS, so it may seem it is a FAT disk, although when you mount with -t vfat
(or change /etc/fstab) it should be able to see the long filenames. But
otherwise this could very well be the problem.