I believe there are patches out there, but the general concensus is to
call it ext3 to avoid unnecessary use of new code in a mission critical
environment before it's fully stable.

I think the patch instructions start with "cp -dpR fs/ext2 fs/ext3" or
some such.

PS.  Although my name is James Lewis, I am not [EMAIL PROTECTED], but I
wave at the person below who evidently is!

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Henrik Johansson wrote:
>
> > will be a journaling filesystem very soon. The way I remeber it, it's
> > already there in the developer tree almost ready to launch. The guy in
> > charge of it is called Steven Taylor if my memory serves me right, and you
> > can reach him at: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> . I think he said it was ready to use
>
> That would be Stephen Tweedie.  He was talking about this at least as
> early as 5-98 at Linux Expo.  What was said at Linux World?
>
> ----don't waste your cpu, crack rc5...www.distributed.net team enzo---
>  Jon Lewis *[EMAIL PROTECTED]*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
>  System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
>  Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
> _________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________

James ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Vortex Internet
My operating system unders~1 long filena~1, and yours?