About 3 weeks ago Steven sent a message to the kernel mailing list that
suggested that that although it's mostly complete it's not actually
functional yet (or wasn't) so don't expect "stable" patches or anything
just yet...

Any more and you'll have to ask somone that knows... or browse the kernel
lists around 10-15 Feb.

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> anyone care to guess how stable/useable this new ext2/ext3 filesystem is?
>
> Where are the patches available, and has anyone actually used it successfully?
>
> Thanks
> Ricardo
>
> On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:58:07 +0000 (GMT)
>  A James Lewis wrote:
>

> > I believe there are patches out there, but the general concensus is to
> > call it ext3 to avoid unnecessary use of new code in a mission critical
> > environment before it's fully stable.
> >
> > I think the patch instructions start with "cp -dpR fs/ext2 fs/ext3" or
> > some such.
> >
> > PS.  Although my name is James Lewis, I am not [EMAIL PROTECTED], but I
> > wave at the person below who evidently is!

> you
> > >
> > > That would be Stephen Tweedie.  He was talking about this at least as
> > > early as 5-98 at Linux Expo.  What was said at Linux World?
> > >
> > > ----don't waste your cpu, crack rc5...www.distributed.net team enzo---
> > >  Jon Lewis *[EMAIL PROTECTED]*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
> > >  System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
> > >  Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
> > > _________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________
> > >

> > James ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> > Vortex Internet
> > My operating system unders~1 long filena~1, and yours?
> >

> This message powered by EMUmail.  http://EMUmail.com

James ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
My operating system unders~1 long filena~1, and yours?