Hello,

I am evaluating RAID as an option for several of my Linux machines.
Software RAID does not appear to be a viable option for me, but I have a few
questions regarding Linux with hardware RAID.  Is a hardware based array
transparent to Linux (e.g. kernel sees one "disk")?  The systems I am
considering are IBM PC Server 325's, and each have a RAIDport slot, which
near as I can tell are only for the Adaptec line of RAIDport cards.  Will
such a beast operate properly under Linux?  Should I instead consider a
complete RAID controller such as DPT?  Many thanks in advance for your
experiences, thoughts and opinions!

Kind Regards,
Adam Snodgrass