I have been playing with raid on a stock Redhat 6.0 install for a couple
days now.  I think I have finally figured everything out.  I have raid5
working with 3 drives automounting via the kernel with type fd partitions.
I powered off a drive and then added it back with raidhotadd on a
successive boot with no problem.  All seems swell.

I was wondering, are there scripts to add audible beep and/or email admin
on failure?  After all, if raid is working properly you won't even notice
unless you are logged in (right?).

Also, has anyone had a drive fail for real?  I'm curious about the real
life condidion of a scsi driver dealing with a failed drive.

Thanks,
Wayne.