I couldn't agree more!
If one doesn't accept the need for diversity and choice in damn near
everything, he(or she) should just be sheep and follow M$.
A GUI is exactly what we need.  Non-Technical people fear things that
appear(at least initially) unfriendly.  Remeber the first time you sat down
to the command prompt.  A 'Trash-80' was a useless hunk of junk the first
time you sat down at it.  It would have been nice to be able to press 'F1'
for help when you couldn't even figure out where the 'any' key was.  :-)

The key to getting our favorite OS accepted as a real alternative is to get
the nontechnical users interested and involved. The only way to do that is
not to make them take an entire weekend trying to figure out how to install
the stupid OS.  Get 'em up and running quickly, and they'll wonder why they
even bothered with M$.  IMHO

Jon Vincenzo
Senior Consultant
TUSC
Lombard, IL
UNIX is just like Lego, you can build
everything.  NT is just like DUPLO, it
looks nice but for all pratical purposes it is
completely useless.