[ Tuesday, October  5, 1999 ] Tom Jones wrote:
> Yes.  You can install root to a raid device during the install.  However
> you will still need to have a /boot that is not on the raid device.

Actually, I don't believe this is the case.... With RH 6.1 you
no longer need to keep the separate non-raid /boot

The patched lilo that comes with Red Hat 6.1 includes the (extensive)
lilo.raid1 patch that appears to allow booting from not only s/w raid1
but also other s/w raid's as well.  This feature was mentioned at a
presentation of RH 6.1 last night and I was glad to hear about it :)

James
--
Miscellaneous Engineer --- IBM Netfinity Performance Development