> > RedHat Linux 6.1 has the following warning:
> > The installation of Red Hat Linux's root partition onto a
> > RAID device is not supported.

> I don't know why they say this, seems a little silly to me.  I've
> got ROOT installed on both hardware and software RAID here, works
> fine.
>For software RAID, I'd advise against anything other than
> RAID1 (mirroring).

Just out of curiosity, why do you advise against?? I have maybe a
half dozen systems running root - software raid, some for serveral
years -- including some disk failures. I have  combinations of raid5
raid1 and raid 10 running as root on different hosts using both 0.42
and 0.90 tools/raid

Michael
[EMAIL PROTECTED]