Actually, I'm talking about OS failures, not disk failures.  RAID protects
against disk railures, thus redundant array of disks, but doesn't do jack
for when the OS goes to hell.  For production servers (where I work, at
least), disk failures are about equal with OS failures.  For test servers,
100% of my failures are when I screw up the OS.
        Greg