> I'm trying to understand the way the user/kernel way of adding verbs
> is implemented... I wasn't sure, if/which specific kernel patch out
> of this series is matching this one?

There are no matching kernel patches to this patch.  This does not try to
provide any direct support for out of tree kernel patches.

The closest this comes is reserving the upper 8-bits of any enum or other
value, which can be used to indicate vendor specific support.  For example, an
out of tree kernel patch could define a new QP type and ABI command with one of
the higher bits set (rather than the next in series).  An upstream patch would
remove these bits.  This should make it possible for a vendor to continue to
support their out of tree changes even after that feature was added to the
mainline.  Hopefully this makes sense.

- Sean