On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:21:37 +1200
Rowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all
>     This morning I had to reinstall Mandrake 10 AGAIN after it refused to boot
> up last night. That makes the fourth time in about five weeks that it has
> done that and required a complete reinstallation. I am becoming really [EMAIL
> PROTECTED]
> with it.
>     Each time I have installed Vol 10 I have been asked for a 4th disc ( which
> I don't have ) so I terminate the installation there. Can anybody tell me if
> there really is a 4th disc for 10.0 official ? Is it possible that lacking
> this disc is causing an incomplete installation and thus making it rather
> fragile ?
>
>     The symptoms of not booting are what appears to be a dos type screen
> requesting host  login and password. It won't boot with non-fb or 263-7
> either.

sounds like it has booted, but X is not starting. what makes you think
the boot process has not completed? did you actually try logging in at
the point it asks you to?

what are the error messages? (if there are any, as i say it looks like
it has actually booted, but you give us soooo little information it is
difficult to help you.)

> Any advice or comments welcome.

as above, tell us more!

--