Hi there,

Phill Coxon wrote:
I also have problems with Mandrake 10.0 booting into X.

It boots just fine but fails to find the custom nvidia video driver and
X fails, returning back to the login prompt.

I have to modprobe the video driver each time before I can start X.

I had this same issue...it seems to stem from the kernel deciding that the nvidia kernel module is 'tainted'. Putting a 'modprobe nvidia' into /etc/rc.local, or putting 'nvidia' into /etc/modules usually will fix that, but my system boots so quick that /etc/init.d/dm starts X before the modprobe is given a chance to happen...without the kernel driver X will not boot, and drop you back to a console...

I fixed it by putting 'modprobe nvidia' into the start of /etc/init.d/dm

Let me know if that fixes it or not...

--
Kind regards,

Canterbury Horse Taxis. http://www.horsetaxis.co.nz/