Steve Holdoway wrote:

Andy George wrote:

Experimenting with firewalls, tried the default IPTables, via a script, via Webmin, and played with a P200 being a firewall. IPCop is really good, autodetects the USB Cable modem, the Ethernet card, sets up a heavy duty firewall between the two, and a default route, all the magic needed for a happy comms server.

What else do you guys play with? Whats the popular firewall alternatives?

Well, I use a Cisco PIX 515 ( thanks again Volker! ), but that's probably not what you're after.

Smoothwall's out there, but I hear that the support is a bit bolshie (: IMHO you'll find it hard to beat IPCop.

Steve

Gotta admit, I've just burned the Smoothwall ISO file, while that was burning, I used another machine to drift around the SCREENSHOTS page. It's remarkably similar in appearance to IPCop, isnt it...