Hugo Vincent wrote:

Hi everybody,

I set up a PC for my parents to do their email on, with Mandrake 10 and Firefox/Thunderbird, but for some reason, their is no Shutdown item on the menu. I can't remember how to allow the normal user to run /sbin/shutdown as root (something in /etc/sudoers perhaps)? Can someone please shed some light on the situation.

Cheers,
Hugo.

Use "chmod u+s /sbin/shutdown" then everyone can use "/sbin/shutdown -h 0" or something.

--
Happy Hacking

|If you don't know what 'Happy Hacking' means, read     |
|the book 'Free as in Freedom', published under         |
|http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/freedom/index.html     |
|Use free software only. See                            |
|http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html             |
|Please avoid sending me Microsoft Word attachments.    |
|For more information, see:                             |
|http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html |