from [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

" Actually, my main reason for not liking CD-R's is the amount of data I'm
" working with.  Sometimes I get 500-600mb wave files, and I end up using an
" inordinate number of CDR's on a single recording project.  Once I get them

When (not often) I have something I care about and I don't trust the
hdds, I master the raw file (the program I use will split a file on
the rare occasion it's that humungous), and/or at various mileposts,
then at the worst I have some work to do over.

" edited up they're smaller, but I don't always get the chance to do that.  It's
" looking like tape drive, or what about DVD burners?  4.7GB seems like a good
" size, and I wouldn't mind making movies in the future ;-)

Media only come in one size (too small:) and dvd blanks were too
expensive last I looked, some time ago.  But, eventually...<sigh;>
The drives are getting cheaper quickly, tho, but the format wars
aren't over yet.

http://www.quen.net

"Fix reason firmly in her seat and call to her tribunal every fact,
every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God;
because, if there is one, he must more approve of the homage of
reason, than that of blindfolded fear."  --Thomas Jefferson