On Friday 22 August 2003 1:31 am, someone claiming to be Ian Stephen wrote:

> <snip>
>
> >  I can transfer files back

> > ><snip>
> >
> > NO way! Windows files are not executable on Linux, so it is immune to win
> > viruii, this is one of the reasons I use linux.
>
> My concern is that the code will execute on Windows and use this Ext2FS
> to access Linux and do something nasty there.
>
> If my dual-boot machine is running Windows (rare, but it happens) and
> something infected Windows that can read/write the Linux partitions...
> couldn't that thing have its way with my Linux stuff while the penquin
> is 'asleep'?

It would seem likely to me that your ext2 data is NOT protected from Windows
virii. What keeps linux safe from that is linux, not ext2. If Win has access
to the data, the virii have access to the data. If you want to be safe from
Windows virii, don't run Windows. Although, I've read that some Windows virii
will run under WINE...

Regards,
Tim

--
RedHat 8.0 Kernel 2.6.0-test3,  KDE 3.1.CVS, Xfree86 4.2.1
 12:10pm  up 29 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.22, 0.17, 0.17