On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 03:31 pm, Ian Stephen wrote:

> <snip>
>
> >  I can transfer files back

> > ><snip>
> >
> > NO way! Windows files are not executable on Linux, so it is immune to win
> > viruii, this is one of the reasons I use linux.
>
> My concern is that the code will execute on Windows and use this Ext2FS
> to access Linux and do something nasty there.
>
> If my dual-boot machine is running Windows (rare, but it happens) and
> something infected Windows that can read/write the Linux partitions...
> couldn't that thing have its way with my Linux stuff while the penquin
> is 'asleep'?

It has to be on windows and windows running for anything to execute. If its on
linux and its not running then its dormant. Even so if its on linux it needs
to execute, but it cannot do so because the system is not compatible. It
cannot jump across OS's without you physicallyy doing that operation.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'SKIPPY'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061, Australia:: PH:61733002161