On 11/14/2003 8:34 AM, I believe that Michael Hipp wrote:

M.W. Chang wrote:

It seems that mozilla's built-in bayesian filter works better than
SpamAssassin. Until now, SA failed to identify many Chinese spam while
mozilla can correctly move them into the Junk folder on reception.

I've been using Moz Firebird as my only email for quite some time now.

You have? How did you get the stand alone browser product to do e-mail?

Perhaps you mean Thunderbird. ;-)

And have been somewhat disappointed in the filters. It catches alot of the junk right away, but it doesn't seem to be learning. I get the same spam from the same scammers every day and no matter how many times I flag it as junk it continues to show up. But it is a 0.7 Beta so I don't want to be critical of it, just hope they flesh it out in the near future.

FWIW, Mozilla's intergrated MUA is still better than the stand alone Thunderbird. I suspect it's gonna take longer than they originally thought to get it up to speed.

Tim