On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 10:23:16AM -0500, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> > > Hmmm  I don't think I've ever seen .7 go poof....   Perhaps it's
> > > your .....   naw  I won't go there...  :-)
> > >
> > > But it's been rock solid here.
> >
> > I've been getting the same problem as Collins myself (on Slackware
> > 9.1). Being too lazy to build it myself, I've been using the pre-built
> > version with xft enabled. I just attributed it to that fact. Did you
> > build your own by any chance?
> >
> > HAND
> >
> > Myles
>
> Nope...  just downloaded the tarball..   Running it on both SuSE 9.0  and
> 8.2

Hmmm... then it must be something else that Collins and I have in common.

My hardware:
    Athlon 1800+
    1.5GB PC2700 DDR RAM (Samsung)
    nVidia Geforce2 MX 400 (using nvidia drivers)
    PS/2 keyboard
    USB wheel mouse (Logitech) using IMPS/2 protocol

I've run Memtest86 on the RAM, one stick at a time and all three at once,
with no errors - even after 48 hours. FWIW, I'm not running a 2.6 kernel yet.

My symptoms are that X keeps crashing with no errors showing in the logs. It's
gotten so bad I gave up using X several days ago and gone back to the basics
as my signature suggests.

--
Myles Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Calgary, AB, Canada eh?
Slackware-9.1 + CLI + Mutt-1.4.1i + Lynx|Links|eLinks