On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 12:20:41PM -0700, Collins Richey wrote:
> In your case, Myles, I would suspect nvidia drivers, USB mouse, combination of
> all of the above with acpi, or ???, probably nothing to do with Firebird.

I thought about the drivers too but this has been happening with the nv driver
and the fbdev driver as well. I also took out apm and have tried both a PS/2
and USB mouse (no, not at the same time ;).

It's, and I'm guessing here, probably my video card slowly dyeing. It got pretty
warm in here over the summer and I know my CPU hit 67 deg. C on one day in
particular, despite the 5 case fans and $$$ CPU cooler. The vid card just has
the stock heat-sink and fan.

The X crashes started out at perhaps 2 or 3 a month and have gradually increased
to 2 or 3 an hour.

--
Myles Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Calgary, AB, Canada eh?
Slackware-9.1 + CLI + Mutt-1.4.1i + Lynx|Links|eLinks