On Tuesday 10 July 2001 17:47, Collins Richey wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:07:28 -0500 Rick Sivernell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> OK, now I understand, but this is out of my league.  initrd is used for
> scsi drives, if I remember correctly; it should be supplied with 3.1.
> I'll sign off this thread, because I can't contribute anything more.

Nope..... initrd can be used for anything that is required at boot time but
which was made into a module at compile time.  Like reiserfs, or in my case,
yes, a second scsi controller.   It is read onto a ram disk first thing at
boot so that the modules are available during the boot.

Rick:

I haven't been following the thread....   do you need to know who to build an
initrd file?