from Douglas J. Hunley:

[...]

" 2. this list didn't even exist until I thunk it up. and I was just trying to
" provide the best resource for the group. i felt that having an open-list and

Thankyou for doing it.  Gotta remember, tho, that you can't
please everyone and there'd be some who wouldn't like it if
you could;).

Most of the lists I've seen (not many) eventually and
reluctantly went to 'posts by subscribers only' despite the
problems and extra work.

" using DNS blocking for the worst offending sites was a Good Thing(c). my
" other customers seem to agree
" 3. DONT bitch about any spam that makes it onto this list. I tried.

On the whole, I prefer to block/filter my own spam anyway
but I guess the closer to source the trash is trashed, the
better for overall 'bandwidth conservation', etc.  There
doesn't seem to be any really good answer.  Thanks for
trying to find one.

-- Don't steal.  The government hates competition.