George R. Kasica babbled on about:
\
> There appears to be some problem with the nss_db-2.2.3pre1
> addon...oris it not compatible with the 2.2.4 glibc. Its the latest
> one on the gnu mirror so I'm somewhat confused here.

the nss_db functionality is not needed in 2.2.4...
use glibc-2.2.4.tar.gz
and glibc-linuxthreads-2.2.4.tar.gz only and you should be fine

I was looking over the latest linux from scratch glibc install and they state
that nss_db is not necessary

> Thanks for the help so far, your method is perfect, the key was
> finding the 10.40 gettext it seems to this point.

the gettext error can be safely ignored unless you are editing the locales
info...

--
Douglas J Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net) - Linux User #174778
Admin: http://linux.nf  Admin: http://hunley.homeip.net

Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?
Because OCT(31) == DEC(25)