> >Any ideas?
>
> Something's strange with your system.  My IBM ThinkPad's running a vanilla
> installation of OL 3.1 Workstation, and the only references I see to
> wvlan_cs in the /etc/pcmcia are commented out in the config.opts file, and
> a note in the wireless.opts file.  There's no wvlan_cs module compiled.
>
> It appears to me that you've got something non-standard on your system, and
> possibly have recompiled the kernel without recompiling the associated
> pcmcia-cs RPMS?  The kernel, pcmcia, and iBCS modules are joined at the hip
> so if you compile or replace a new kernel, you also need to recompile these
> modules as well.
>
> I'm just refreshing my mirror of the Caldera site for OpenLinux 3.1, and
> see some new linux-kernel-binary RPMS, but didn't see any new pcmcia RPMS.
> If you have incorporated this new RPM, then you may have to grab and
> rebuild the pcmcia SRPMS to match.
>
> Bill

Thanks. I guess I reload and start over again. The last time I reinstalled it
I used the graphical install and had it reformat the partition first, but I
have my doubts that it actually did it. I say that because the 'modules.conf
more recent than modules.dep' showed up when I messed things up with apm and
acpi on the previous install.

Did you have to install the pcmcia-cs and linux-wlan-ng packages or was your
wireless setup by OL3.1 during install?

As for recompiling the kernel....I have never set out to do that. I  have
only downloaded and installed the 2 packages I mentioned above.

Also, the 2 packages I downloaded so far were saved into /root and then I
run the tar command from there, then I move to the directory it created in
/root and run ./config, etc. from there. Does it matter where I do it from?
Is that wrong?

Vern