At 09:40 PM 1/11/99 +1200, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>At 23:02 11/01/99 -0500, Bret Fausett wrote:
>
>>If you're looking for a better architecture, abandon the mailing list.
>>It's a poor delivery device for debate. IMHO, a threaded usenet newsgroup
>>(moderated only to remove the spam) is much better.

>But to move ifwp to usenet would quickly turn it into a *real* madhouse.

Aye! We got problems here as it is.

>Downloading the headers alone would take up almost as much space as the
>whole daily intake now. Try alt.current-events.clinton.whitewater and
>you'll know what I mean.

One other problem you both have forgotten ... CancelMsgs. Just before I
dropped my INN feed was the worst of the Cancel-Wars, with the CoS mess.
All we need, to add fuel to this already hot DNSO fire is to have some
schmuck with a hair-trigger cancel program, on a Win box. Geez, you think
we have accusations now, wait til that starts. I guarantee you that
*someone* would start filtering the Jeff Williams messages then someone
else, seeing them get away with it, will start canceling others that *they*
don't like. Then we start getting re-posts. No, UseNet is out for this
list, IMHO.

Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com
I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing...
                -- Thomas Jefferson