Greg and all,

Greg Skinner wrote:

> jeff Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >For instance, it as a body or board, has allowed Mike Roberts (CEO)
> >and Joe Simms (Legal Council) to unfairly and in less than an open
> >manner, assist the DNSO.ORG in formulating the bylaws (Draft7) on a
> >mailing list that is CLOSED ( Participants List,
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]).  Whose fault would this be Greg?
>
> As I understand it, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a list for people who
> attended meetings.

  That is correct, that was supposedly it's intent.  However neither
Mike Roberts nor Joe Simms attended those meetings, yet  they
were added upon request to the "Participants List".

> If that list were open, it would be filled with flames, just like the
> other open lists.

  Not if moderated properly as Joop had suggested a couple of days ago.

> But getting back to the meeting attendance issue, it does seem to me
> that there need to be ways to increase participation for those who do
> not have the time or money to travel.  So I am hoping that there will
> be more discussion of using Internet audio and video to accomplish
> this.  Even if the participation is limited to reading the updates of
> a scribe and responding through email, I think this should qualify for
> membership in a participants' list.

  I agree with you last sentence here Greg.  For that matter, everyone
that is and "Interested Party", as is stated in the White Paper is by
definition, a PARTICIPANT.