>But this list is (supposedly) a forum for consensus, and yet people
>fight.  People were fighting before ICANN appeared on the scene.
>ICANN has no control over the fighting, from what I can see.

Which goes towards my premis that the DNSO is a worthless
entity with respect to the issues at hand, as there is no reason
to believe that 4-year-old fights will be suddenly resolved when
they're fought under a new name.

ICANN has to make some tough decisions, and requiring that
a DNSO be formed is just an unnecessary delay. The DNSO
will perpetuate the 4-year-old arguments, fail to come to any
consensus, and force ICANN to decide themselves anyway.

Let's avoid the delay alltogether and get on with it.

Christopher