At 12:09 AM 8/2/99 -0700, you wrote:
>The best way to answer you is suggest that you check out:
>   http://www.cavebear.com/cavebear/growl/
>
>In the second second section of the current issue I describe what I'm
>thinking of.

Karl,

Well and succinctly put.  But my question was more one of philosophical
approach than technical.  I fully understand the operational
considerations.  My point was more that there are at least two ways to
approach a multiple root system which allows for both new and legacy root
resolution.

Cooperation among the various root operators (or lack thereof) would likely
determine the best working model.

BTW, I agree with your basic premise at the above URL.

Gene...
Gene Marsh
president, anycastNET Incorporated
330-699-8106