Karl Auerbach wrote:

> The most interesting part is that there is not a thing that NTIA or ICANN
> can do to stop the creation of multiple root systems.

I wouldn't be too sure about that if I were you, Karl. The USG
stopped alternative radio and TV networks, and they've stopped
independent cable-TV as well. My father was an amateur radio
operator when radio first got started, and his stories about the
fight to stop amateur radio station licensing sounded very much like
the present struggle.

      INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF INDEPENDENT INTERNET USERS
   http://www.iciiu.org        (ICIIU)        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel(718)846-7482                                Fax(603)754-8927