basic netiquette jeff mason, if I send you a message to you alone it
generally is because I don't want to take a disagreement into the
public domain.....to take the contents of a private message and make
them public without the permission of the sender is just not
done.....defining private message  as generally one to one.... I can
read the mime email OK.  But many are operating with equipment that
makes this impossible.....  what wrong with doing them a common
courtesy and refraining from it?

Your early style was not that bad.  But you are picking on the wrong
person in picking on mark langston, so for what ever its worth I am
on the verge of tuning you out.....

>Hello Mark:
>
>On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Mark C. Langston wrote:
>

> > I will also demand that you refrain from posting private e-mail without
> > the prior written consent of the author.
> >
> > However, since you chose to ignore that particular convention as well,
> > I'll go ahead and point out that where I said MTA I of course meant to
> > say MUA.
>
>I don't understand - who's consent would that be?  I'm not sure who's
>permission I have to get.
>
>Regards
>Jeff Mason
>
>--
>Planet Communication & Computing Facility           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext. 1033

The COOK Report on Internet            Index to seven years of the COOK Report
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  http://cookreport.com
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)           The only Good ICANN is a Dead ICANN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    What's Behind ICANN and How it Will
Impact the Future of the Internet http://cookreport.com/icannregulate.shtml